Sunday 18 December 2011

New Home for New Painting

I finished off yesterday's painting and immediately hung it on the wall in our bedroom.


Here's a close up shot:

Pink Confetti Trees, Acrylic on canvas,  50cm x 25cm


I've started a series of these trees using old and new canvases (the closest art shop burnt down last week  :( ), still a little more work to go on them:


Previous old canvas:


More tree paintings:


I can't find a pic of what it looked like before I painted over it today but before that it looked like this:



And here's another I started on a new canvas:


I'm really enjoying this new series, hope you like them too.

Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. These are really special Michelle, they're my favourites of your work, and it shows such a jump in your progression as an artist and truely shows your individual style and technique. Fantastic! You should definitely continue your series and start looking for a gallery to host your own solo exhibition of this series in 2012. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, wishing you a fabulous year ahead. Liza xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I really love the tree series you've started. As I mentioned yesterday such a great balance of strength and softness. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments everyone, I really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your pink confetti trees .... so nice. Nice also to see it hanging on the wall. I am always amazed at your beautiful work and I just love the colours you use .... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the shadows on your trees just finish it off. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...