Monday 14 November 2011

Art Show and Painting Demo

Over the weekend the community centre had an Art Show on Saturday night and the Opening of the new Kindergarten on Sunday.  I sold 7 or 8 pendants, not as many as I was hoping to sell.  I have 20 left to sell and will make a photo collage later today to show you which ones are available in case you would like to buy some - will have to get my etsy store up and running too.

A big hello to everyone who stopped by and said hi, gave me some positive feedback, bought a pendant and even took one of my biz cards.  Thank you for stopping by my website and visiting my blog.

Here I am with my paintings:


Here I am doing my painting demo out the front of the art shed - with small children around I went for something very simple - a house and trees - I added people but they look really bad so I'm going to paint over the whole painting today - I'm thinking black, white and bright squares.


Here's my pendant displays - the board was outside next to my paintings and had to be tied down with the orange rope - the wind blew it over a couple of times and I had one casualty - the glass on one of my pendants is scratched.



Here are my other paintings on display:



I made a couple of big decisions over the weekend which I will tell you about later...

11 comments:

  1. Great to see all your lovely paintings!!!Great you had some sales... How exciting to have a weekend all about art- I spent the weekend painting my lounge room walls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Michelle!! Your paintings and pendants look fabulous. And great news that you made some sales!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your pendants have been a hit ! well done they are lovely and it's great you are very active in your community :) Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on the sales of your pendants! it sounds like you had a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything looks so beautiful, I hope your art show was a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff! The butterfly painting is marvelous. You paints such lively and colorful works of art. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun, I like the idea of black, white and bright colors. Really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the colors you choose and the designs and images you create!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great start to your pendant sales Michelle. So lovely to see your vibrant fun paintings on exhibit. It must be so nice meeting people who admire your artwork and what you're doing. Enjoy! Liza xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi from a fellow Blogtoberfester, lovely work

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...